Higher Education Diploma in Fine Arts
- Qualification: Konstnärlig högskoleexamen
- Qualification in English: Higher Education Diploma in Fine
- EQF level: 6
- Cycle: Short cycle
- Thesis required: Degree project
- Nominal length: 2 years / 120 ECTS
- Access requirement: Upper secondary level qualification
- Access to further study: One more year of studies incl. Bachelor thesis to finalize the first cycle
A Higher Education Diploma in fine arts is awarded after the student has completed the courses required to gain 120 credits with a defined specialization determined by each higher education institution itself.
A requirement for the award of a Higher Education in fine arts is completion by the student of an independent project (degree project) in the main field of study.
- Swedish: Konstnärlig högskoleexamen i [field of study]
- English: Higher Education Diploma in Fine Arts in [field of study]
Knowledge and understanding
For a Higher Education Diploma in fine arts the student shall demonstrate knowledge and understanding in the principal field (main field of study) of the study programme, including awareness of the practical and disciplinary foundation of the field and knowledge of some methods and processes in the field.
Competence and skills
For a Higher Education Diploma in fine arts the student shall
- demonstrate the ability to describe, analyse and interpret design,
techniques and content in the main field of study
- demonstrate the ability in the main field of study to create,
realise and express his or her own artistic ideas and undertake
artistic tasks within predetermined time frames
- demonstrate the ability to present and discuss his or her knowledge
with different audiences
- demonstrate the competence and knowledge required to work
autonomously in a professional capacity.
Judgement and approach
For a Higher Education Diploma in fine arts the student shall demonstrate the ability to reflect on artistic, social and ethical issues within the main field of study.